Senior Business Development Manager
Senior Business Development Manager plays a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, investments and select strategic partnerships. We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Digikala and the future of e-commerce and technology in MENA. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of digikala’s businesses.
- Identify appropriate opportunities which support digikala's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists etc.
- Responsible for driving the strategic planning process throughout the organization, partnering with the executive team and business units on strategy development and deployment.
- Evaluate the benefits of potential acquisitions and manage the process of building both internal and external consensus.
- Establish the ongoing processes that will enable Digikala to continue to build out our corporate development competency, in the face of extremely fast growth.
- Demonstrate leadership in strategy formulation, deal sourcing and origination, financial analysis and valuation, negotiation and execution across a diverse range of Internet businesses, technologies, verticals and geographies.
- Partner with business units to evaluate expansion opportunities.
- Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions.
- Leads key corporate strategic initiatives, including innovation.
- Interacting with executives, business leadership, and transaction advising and acquisition targets -Drive internal thinking on expansion opportunities.
- Oversees acquisition structuring; financial analysis including valuation and modeling.
- Leads the due diligence process, closing the transaction and post transaction follow though and integration.
- Evaluate the benefits of potential acquisitions and innovate the process of building consensus.
- Act as a subject matter authority on valuation and deal structuring.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is required, MBA preferred.
- Over 10 years of technology business or corporate development experience in a corporate or financial services environment.
- Ability to quickly evaluate a business opportunity, both financially and qualitatively.
- Experience creating and analyzing M&A processes for a wide variety of transactions, including public-public, public-private, and cross-border transactions.
- History of successfully completing high level, end-to-end negotiations.
- Strategic agility, with the ability to balance long-term strategy, with executing on short-term operational plans.
- Excellent ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful acquisition targets.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Must be willing to travel as required -Understanding of e-commerce business systems and business process is a big plus.
- Ideal Age: Minimum 30.