- Responsible for the development, consultation with all relevant stakeholders, and implementation of the chosen Compliance and Legal strategy across the Group, including further next-generation step-up of existing legal team structure, compliance and public policy team roll out and supervision.
- Acts as ambassador in discussions with Governmental Authorities at municipal, provincial and national levels and facilitates legal outcomes fair to the Group future development .
- Acts as Company Secretary to designate in all formal-legal matters.
- Reviews the legal aspects of taxation compliance, insurance and patents, and the acquisition, protection and disposal of company property.
- Identifies gaps and takes appropriate remediation steps to ensure full protection of Group interests viz-a-viz its investments.
- Actively advises Business Unit Management with regards to legal aspects of new product stream launches and mitigates legal and compliance risks with adequate contractual provisions. Proactively neutralizes risks and resolves disputes.
- Handles legal entity structuring in Iran together in order to ensure full compliance with all local jurisdiction requirements.
- Sets the strategic risk management vision and is charged with delivering that strategy to the company using exceptional leadership skills, network of internal and external alliances and highly developed business skills. Possesses an intimate knowledge of internal business processes.
- Handles distribution and licensing agreements. Acts at international scale.
- Handles major legal cases and compliance efforts.
- Engages in leadership role in respect of lobbying for positive outcomes towards Group goals and principles of operation (as National Champion e-Commerce platform).
- Responsible for the elaboration of regulations and the observance of legal procedures, ensuring that the activities of the company comply with the law.
- Prepares and follows up contracts from a legal point of view and represents the company in legal proceedings
- Establishes internal procedures and processes for the operation of the legal function.
- In conjunction with others, negotiates and advises on contracts, new business ventures, and transaction matters.
- Assesses and manages all claims/litigation brought against the Company.
- Monitors and resolves disputes, which may lead to litigation.
- Interacts with and manages outside counsel, as requested. Effectively limits the necessity of outside counsel; coordinates legal work performed by outside counsel.
- University degree from a top-tier institution; Master degree a plus.
Member of Bar Association.
Over 5 years of in house legal experience establishing legal terms and appropriate compliance produces and protocols.
Ability to draft documents and agreement in English (fluent) and Farsi.
Knowledge of the e-commerce and good commercial acumen.
Ability to work extra time.
A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels.
Project management skills with a meticulous attention to detail; must be able to work both independently and in a team.
Strong transaction experience and a track record of solving deal related issues.
Pro-activeness in address problem situation and ownership of outcomes.
Willingness to ‘roll up her sleeves’ to do from the most very basic tracks to the most complex.
Ability to facilitate and communicate effectively with the highest levels of foreign legal counsels to facilitate needed outcomes.
Possess an appropriate network of professional across various domains.
Excellent motivational and communication skills and ability to inspire and lead others.
Strong interpersonal and team management skills.
Ability to balances an understanding of risk with the realities of a company.
Ideal age: Minimum 35
English language fluency.