Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
We are looking for a team builder, innovator and a disruptor for this crucial role in the company. Your background is in brand management and you bring in-depth knowledge of digital marketing.
You have experience in fostering a great culture and attracting great talent to a high-performance team. You have the grit and the patience to move the organization from a group of passionate talents to a highly capable and mature organization of effective professionals. Previous P&L responsibility is a must. You have exceptional communication skills and the ability to manage different stakeholders. You demonstrated experience managing multi-million dollar marketing campaigns.
As part of the organizational leadership team, you must be able to drive business strategy as well as the marketing and marketing technology strategies.
- End to end responsibility for Branding & Marketing of the group companies
- Handling public relations, corporate communications and CSR campaigns
- Establish the company’s brand and marketing visions and lead all aspects of the company’s marketing development across MENA
- Establishing formal practices of digital marketing including SEO, SEM, CRO, Analytics etc.
- Overseeing market research and analysis of the competition
- Work with other members of executive leadership team to ensure all plans are properly executed across departments
- Utilize understanding of consumer insights and worldwide trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable brand growth
- Identify and prioritize brand-building opportunities by utilizing data-driven insights (e.g., Nielsen, internal cross-functional reports, consumer research reports, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Create a marketing organization that, on its own, is considered a ‘Best Place To Work’
- Work collaboratively with other executive team members around strategic planning and overall management of the company
- Develop and refine team metrics and key performance indicators; plan and achieve quarterly and annual metrics and goals; report on progress to the executive team, board of directors, and company
- Full P&L responsibility and ownership of the marketing budget
Report directly to the CEO
- 10+ years in Marketing and Business Development with a well-known (e-Commerce is an advantage) company, marketplace model a plus
- Must possess a unique blend of brand vision, analytical expertise, excellent writing skills, and the confidence to lead a highly talented, collaborative team
- Experience working cross functionally with Strategy, Reporting & Analytics, Product Development and Product Management to turn data collected during market research into tangible product improvements
- Must have experience leading multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns including online and traditional campaigns, Public Relations, and Business Development
- Must possess strong and persuasive oral communications skills and be an excellent presenter
- Experience working with successful organizations in different start-up stages preferred